09 Nov Part-time Architecture Faculty Positions Spring, 2021
Department of Architecture Part-time Architecture Faculty Positions Spring, 2021
The architecture program at Belmont University, which welcomed its first cohort of 29 architecture majors in August, 2020, invites applications for part-time teaching in the following courses for spring semester, 2021 (generally mid-January through mid-April; specific dates TBD):
ARC 1001: Architectural Drafting
The development of basic manual drafting skills in a studio setting, introducing the components of plan, elevation, and section drawing and requiring the use of drafting tools and instruments. Cross-listed with the interior design course, ITD 1001 (3 credit hours).
• One section: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00-8:30 PM
ARC 1003: Foundations Studio
A fundamental approach to architectural and interior design through a sequenced investigation of design elements and principles that develop skills that will inform the compete relationships between geometries, composition, and systematic strategies. Analysis of case studies and use of analytical diagramming to further inform design solutions presented with three-dimensions modeling and drawing. Cross-listed with the interior design course, 1003 (3 credit hours).
- Thursdays, 8:00-10:30 AM
- Thursdays, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Thursdays, 6:00 – 8:30 PM
For a description of duties, responsibilities, required and preferred qualifications, and to begin the application process, please:
1. Review the position listing and access an application by following this link.
2. Send a letter of interest that describes your intellectual/creative alignment with, and preparation for, one (or both) of the courses listed above directly to Dr. Jhennifer A. Amundson, Dean of the College, at Jhennifer.Amundson@Belmont.edu.
Review of applications will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 18.