08 Oct Staff Architect – Project Development Coordinator
Focus Builders – We exist to transform the ordinary into something remarkable.
Focus Builders is an award-winning custom homebuilder specializing in luxury residential design/build projects in Nashville, Tennessee. We are a group of highly motivated, highly experienced, unconventional and continually learning building professionals who are dedicated to changing the construction industry one client at a time. We believe you can never learn enough from the experience of others. Our firm is different in that we dream, we plan, we measure twice and cut once. More than anything, we care. We believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right, the first time. We want the best for our clients and the homes we deliver into the world. Sometimes that costs us time, money and maybe a tiny bit of sanity. That’s ok, we’re in it for the long haul. Are you one of us?
What makes Focus unique:
- A collaborative and encouraging work environment
- An exciting mix of ultra-luxury individual and cluster projects
- Our clients are some of the most influential and successful people in our city
- The opportunity to see something from concept to completion
- The chance to work with a young group of “A players” and industry leaders
- Competitive compensation structures
- The chance to work with cutting edge products and designs
- Flexible work hours, vacation and PTO
Lead Staff Architect – Project Development Coordinator
We are in search of a full-time residential and longer term, small commercial architect or designer. This candidate will be responsible for developing architectural concepts, schematics and construction drawings for specific lots as well as working with our interiors team to compile and develop selection schedules and specifications. Ideal candidate should have a passion for creating amazing homes and interiors that will stand the test of time. If you’re the architect who is sketching out dormer details on a drink napkin at a restaurant while your spouse is in the bathroom, this might be the gig for you. This individual must have well-honed basic construction skills, be highly dependable, organized, an effective communicator, a positive and uplifting “can do” attitude and a keen eye for quality work. More than anything, this individual must have a genuine heart for helping others. Are you the person we’re looking for?
- Perform work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Prepare schematics, design development and construction documents.
- Participate in the development of project budgets and financial forecasting as part of a development team.
- Develop, modify and review production drawings and edit project narratives and specifications.
- Research materials to determine appropriate selections for project.
- Plan, coordinate and administer projects from the initial programming stages all the way through to construction administration.
- Analyze client problems and develop architectural solutions to those problems.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in architecture from an accredited college of architecture. Licensure or seeking licensure is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years job-related experience required: Corporate design experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketchup, PhotoShop software, Chief Architect experience desirable but not necessary.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety of personalities and communication styles and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to carefully reason through complex issues.
- Ability to visualize and use spatial reasoning to accurately determine how the parts of a project will fit together and what it will look like upon completion.
- LEED accreditation is preferred but not necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Time management skills.
Resumes and portfolios may be submitted to email@example.com.