AIA MidTN 2022 Architecture Classic
Release of Liability
READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the AIA MidTN Architecture Classic to be held at Hermitage Golf Course on June 9, 2022, I agree to the following release of liability. I understand that by signing this Release, I am giving up the right to sue the Released Parties for any damages or injury I suffer that is within the scope of the Release.
1. Released Parties. This Release applies to claims against the following Released Parties: AIA Middle Tennessee (including its officers, directors, agents and volunteers); the owner and lessor of the property where the event is held (including their officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers); and event officials.
2. Release. I recognize that there are risks involved in any physical activity, including the risk of physical injury, health or medical conditions, or property damage. I release the Released Parties from liability for any personal injury I suffer or any damage to my property that is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence during or in connection with the golf outing.
3. COVID-19 and Contagious Diseases. I recognize that in any gathering of people, there is a risk that I may contract a contagious disease, including COVID-19. In choosing to participate in the event, I accept that risk and release the Released Parties from any claim I may have that their negligence caused me to contract such a disease during or in connection with the event.
4. Compliance with Rules and Laws. I will comply with the rules of the event, as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations during the event, including any rules, laws or regulations concerning COVID-19.
5. Notice of Filming and Photography. When you enter an AIA Middle Tennessee event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by AIA Middle Tennessee and its affiliate AIA organizations and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar AIA Middle TN events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of AIA Middle Tennessee. You release AIA Middle Tennessee, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by AIA Middle Tennessee or the person or entity designated to do so by AIA Middle Tennessee. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.