Pillars Development is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Project Manager. The position will report to the firm’s Principal and work with both the development and project management teams and client(s).
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will primarily function as a project management team member with capabilities and background as an architect or professional engineer. This position will be dedicated to a large-scale industrial/manufacturing project for up to 36 months/3 years.
The ideal candidate will be able to travel to the project site in Canada on a monthly basis.
The SPM will lead and direct project management efforts throughout all phases of project(s), including planning, predevelopment, design, and construction. The position is responsible for managing or guiding the design team, third party consultants, and the contractor/construction manager throughout the construction process and transition into occupancy. Typical duties include: oversight and monitoring day-to-day activities involving project management, design, and construction management; quality control and assurance. Responsibilities also include budgeting, scheduling, organization, and implementation of smaller or related projects. This position will maintain relationships with construction manager personnel, subcontractors, suppliers, specified manufacturers, architects, engineers, city/county/state officials, and representatives for associated parties.
Pillars Development is a multi-faceted company, providing services throughout the development process. While this position will primarily focus on adding capacity to our project management services for clients, there will also be opportunities to lead and support development and design-related services and projects.
Dedicated Project: Industrial/Manufacturing
Potential Projects: Institutional, Higher Education, Civic Infrastructure, Large Civic Special-Use, Multi-Family Residential, Sports Facilities
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time
• Understand project goals, possess solid operational insights, and clearly communicate them to project teams to ensure client expectations are consistently achieved
• Lead project staff, prepare work schedules and assign specific duties. Oversee and direct industrial/manufacturing projects from conception to completion
• Although not likely a technical producer, be recognized as a credible leader with strong technical experience related to the support of product manufacturing.
• Attend and lead project management, construction, and design meetings as necessary
• Create/review concept development and schematic design, presentation graphics, including hand sketches and 3D rendering
• Create/review design development and construction documentation for multiple projects simultaneously
• Ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings
• Oversee permitting process, responding to comments, coordinating with sub-consultants and agency reviewers
• Specify materials, complete takeoffs, review materials needed for estimates and takeoffs, create estimates and proposals
• Review the project in-depth to assess schedule of deliverables and estimated costs
• Keep a working knowledge of specifications and construction methods, as well as reasoning for them
• Tracking of bid packages, change orders; and monitoring of subcontractor and site activity
• Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
• Review documentation for feasibility studies, bridging documents, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and project manual/specifications.
• Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
• Conduct onsite inspections, meet with job superintendent to assure adherence to final design plan
• Oversee and track geotechnical testing and field reports
• Review environmental reports on land conditions, constraints, and opportunities
• Mentor and train assistant project managers and interns (if placed)
• Coordinate and inform government agencies and stakeholders as necessary
• Perform duties and responsibilities under the direction of direct supervisors as needed
• Current AIA or P.E. licensure
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
• 7+ years of experience as a Project/Construction Manager for Industrial/Manufacturing projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat DC/PDF management, construction management software(s)
• Team player with excellent communication abilities – oral, written, visual
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Experience with both in-office and onsite project management