31 May PROJECT MANAGER
Rufus Johnson Associates is seeking a talented and experienced Project Manager to join our team. We are looking for a creative and technically skilled team player that is passionate about architecture and design. A successful candidate should have the ability to actively participate in all phases of a project, from programming and conceptual design through technical documentation and construction.
Qualifications and Experience:
· 7+ years of architectural experience preferred.
· Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
· Licensed Architect required. The ability to become licensed in the State of Tennessee is expected
· LEED AP BC+D preferred, or willingness to seek accreditation.
· Experience in education (K-12, Higher Ed), government and municipal projects, sports, correctional work, and healthcare are all a plus.
· Experienced in preparing contracts and negotiating project scope, schedule.
· Detail-oriented, articulate.
· Motivated and energetic leader willing to take initiative, with a “can-do” attitude. Eagerness to fulfilling the commitments of the Design Team.
· Ability to manage client and consultant relationships.
· Ability to oversee production, direct, inspire and mentor more junior staff.
· Excellent working knowledge of architectural design documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics.
· Practical knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, and structural concepts
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
· Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process.
· Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam proficiency.
· Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Enscape, 3-D Studio Max experience is a plus.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications.
· Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills.
· Ability to lead projects in a dual management role as needed.
· Experience in business development, marketing & client presentations is a plus.
· Demonstrated graphic presentation skills.
We are a small studio of well-rounded designers who combine creativity with real-world expectations, to create great spaces. We focus on projects that we are passionate about, being selective of the commissions we undertake, and have a broad resume of project types.
Our office is in Clarksville, Tennessee, just 35 minutes from downtown Nashville. Clarksville is the second-fastest-growing Metropolitan Statistical Area and was voted as the #1 place to live in the nation by Money.com in 2019. In 2018, Clarksville was identified as one of the top 250 fastest-growing cities in the nation and is currently the 5th largest city in the state. For more information on our community, please visit: https://www.clarksvillechamber.com/chamber/community/